Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What a Red-Letter Day!

WOW!! First--Happy Birthday Diana! My younger daughter is 20 years old today. She's off to school and work but I know she will be celebrating with her friends tonight and with us over the weekend. She's smart and gorgeous and responsible and a credit to herself, her community, and her family on every front. Blessings and love on your curly head, my dear child.

And, WOW!! An Obama victory. Who'da thunk it? I am awed and amazed and deeply, deeply grateful that my children enter their majority in a United States that has demonstrably turned the political corner. To add to the astonishment of the day, right now Obama has a very slim (c. 10,000 votes out of c. 4,000,000 cast) lead over McCain right here in North Carolina. The state hasn't officially been "called" yet, which means our 15 electoral votes are still unassigned, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that the recount holds up and we finally "go blue". Icing on the cake. Plus, both houses of Congress safely in Democratic hands.....a slam dunk all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment