Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanks

OK, so it's corny, but here is a list of things I am thankful for. I'm leaving out the obvious and most important ones, like family, friends, health, love, etc. These are the second-tier items but ones that make me really happy. In no particular order:

--Music! I am so grateful for music in my life. I love to listen. I love to sing and perform. I love hearing Arturo practicing. I love my iPod! I love it that people are still finding new ways to arrange 12 notes into amazing compositions, even after all these years and considering how many of the previous arrangements have been "taken".

--Videos! I love it that I can pop in a tape or DVD and revisit an old friend any time I want.

--the scent "Coco", by Chanel. I put it on and it makes me feel just wonderful: sensual and sexy and warm. (NB, this is "Coco", and *NOT* "Coco Mademoiselle".....don't be confused, fans.)

--the black cashmere coat I purchased last year. What I especially love is that by just changing the scarf and/or hat and/or gloves I wear with it, I get a different look for only a few bucks. Nothing like the classics to make a girl happy.

--Pedicures! Need I say more?

--On the more serious side, I'm so grateful I switched jobs this year. Those of you who know me, know what a difficult and personally wrenching decision it was to leave Rex after 13 years. But UNC has worked out beyond my expectations and I am so glad to be there, learning new things, working sensible hours, and getting paid more to boot.

--Finally, I am deeply thankful for the results of the last election. I wouldn't want to be president for even a 12-figure salary, and I frankly don't understand why ANYONE wants the job, but blessings on Obama for taking on the task. Hallelujah to the voters in this country for electing him, and a special high five to North Carolina for contributing our 15 electoral votes. Maybe, just maybe, my children and other young people now have a chance of living in a United States that is respected throughout the world, rather than mocked and vilified.

Love to all. Hey, write a comment, wouldja? It would warm my heart on Thanksgiving Day to know that somebody was reading, besides me. Go watch "Miracle on 34th Street" (1947 version, naturally!) and have a great day, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I thought of one more thing I am totally, deeply thankful for: hair coloring!

    Oh, and 4" heels...plus the fact that I can still wear them without falling.

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete