Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Back to Work

It's back to work today, after 6 days off. In some ways I'm really ready to go, but in others, well......I'm not. I did a fair amount of cyber shopping yesterday and it got me in the Christmas mode. So, what I'd really like to do today (rather than go to work!) is start taking down all the decorations from the attic. Put away the pumpkins and haul out the holly! I've pretty much decided to buy a new Christmas tree this year. I'd like to get one of the ones that are pre-lit so I don't have to spend so much time and angst hanging lights. It really is the most painful part of the decorating, especially since, invariably and inevitably, there are always some strings that have "died" over the preceding year. Then it's a run out to the store to get more lights. Plus, the living room can certainly stand it, so I'd like to get a larger tree, too. As much as the lights die in the attic, the ornaments multiply!

Arturo and Diana are going to Karen's for Thanksgiving. Laura is in NY with my Mom, sisters, and extended family. It's an odd, vaguely disconnected week for us, but we did have our feast last weekend so I don't think anyone feels deprived. I certainly don't.

Time to motivate, as I often say. More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment