Monday, December 1, 2008

A Winter's Tale

I was thinking of a line from "A Winter's Tale" when I woke up at 3:30 AM, hacking out a lung: "a sad tale's for winter". Indeed, this nasty cold is a sad tale. It seems that every time I get a cold, it goes to my throat and lungs, which makes me think of Nana, which makes me worry that I am going to end up like her, on a ventilator. (Of course, I won't be writing short hand notes to my caregivers......I still think that's a great story.) Ah, the bleak thoughts one has when sleepless and sick.

But the sun did come up this morning, and I did manage to get all the Christmas decorations down from the attic over the weekend, so I think I will slowly start to transform the house. I envision my day's schedule running on a loop of: drink tea, do a little work, go to the bathroom, rest.

Laura got home from NY yesterday. Arturo picked her up at the airport because both Darwin and I are sick. She had a great time and brought home adorable photos of her playing with her little cousin Emily; looks like they bonded, big time. She said Thanksgiving at Grammy's house was loud and boisterous and wonderful; the food was great and the company convivial. Laura was pretty sad about going back to school, because this is her last week before finals and she has LOTS to do, but then after Saturday she's off for a month. Diana has, I think, two more weeks to go.

Arturo actually braved the post-Thanksgiving shoppers and took advantage of a great camera deal, so now we have a new, functioning, digital camera which cost less than $100. So, when I feel better, I can start taking photos again.

That's all for now. Time to go take some more cough medicine and replenish the supply of kleenex in my pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment