Thursday, January 15, 2009

Rehearsing today

Gee, it felt so good to sing again! Glenn and I are working on a short program for January 25th. Mostly things I've sung before, but a few new ones. I can't believe how a few hours of rehearsing can change my whole outlook on life. I know all about endorphins and mood, but the way I feel afterward......well, I think scientists should recruit me for studies. (Paid would be nice.)

I am in love with the song, "The Gentleman is a Dope". Just the cleverest, the most swinging, the best. So VERY unlike Rodgers & Hammerstein. I actually checked the Rodgers & Hart book first. I googled "Allegro", which is the musical for which the song was originally written, and I can see from the [non] plot why it didn't go over well with audiences. This song, though, is a gem.

Mom's birthday was yesterday, and I spoke with her for 40 minutes or so. She sounds lively and healthy, she looks terrific, and I consider her a role model in most every way. I hope I have her health and positive attitude when I'm her age. Congratulations, Mom, on another year, and here's to very many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment