Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Done! Finished! Finito!

Well, it's done--there is a huge pile of junk at the curb, the house is de-Christmased, the attic is re-organized, everything is clean and tidy, and I spent last evening basking in the pleasant exhaustion that comes from very hard work. Many thanks to Max Gottleib, neighborhood college student who needed cash and had muscle and stamina to trade for it! Together we made about 40 trips up and down the stairs, but by God, it's all done.

The funny thing is, when I got home from work tonight, I noticed that much of the stuff we put out at the curb was gone. All the old drapery rods--which was mildly surprising, since they were so tangled I cut a lot of the cords to facilitate transport. The two absolutely ancient bed springs and bed frames, which, by the way, were left in the attic by the previous residents of ol' 2423. Maybe there's a big market for scrap metal? Who knows. Certainly NOBODY would be hard up enough to actually use them for mattress rests. Anyway, it works for me.

Now, if I could just get Diana to clean her room......

No comments:

Post a Comment