Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012 official count

Well, between 5PM and 9:15 PM on Halloween, we handed out candy to 1,045 trick or treaters--a new record for us!  Sometimes when the holiday falls midweek, as it did this year, we have had fewer goblins visiting, but clearly that didn't happen this year.  It was chilly but not daunting, and a bottle of 20 year-old Graham's Port helped us pass the hours without too much distress.

I was too busy to take any photographs but the best costume was a kid in a Romney mask, suit and tie, with a nametag that said, "Hi!  I tell lies all the time!  I'm Mitt Romney, and I approved this message."  He got double treats for that! 

Lots of Captain Americas and Mario Brothers this year, I noticed.  Far fewer Disney princesses, Harry Potter characters, and Pirate lads and lassies.  Seemed to be a lot of ninja warriors, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment