Thursday, May 13, 2010

A woman's work is never done

I have been working like crazy the past few weeks, what with rehearsals, and company, and spring cleaning, and those never-ending yard chores, and (oh yes) my actual paying job, and I think the stress has finally caught up with me, in the form of a massive headache, the "GI Blues", and I think a UTI, too. NOT FEELING WELL.

Diana is off to Mexico on Saturday. Laura is off to Florida on Saturday. My mom is off to China on Sunday. At least Arturo is here to commiserate.

Got the van all checked out today. The "Mom Mobile" is good to go for another few thousand miles. It's a wreck but I do like that car! I took a short ride in a friend's Chrysler Pacifica the other day. If--I mean, when--we have to go car shopping I might look at one of those. There were a lot of sweet features and it looks fairly decent, too. Of course having a new car means caring about how it looks, and then there's the higher insurance cost. Hope we can put off that particular hassle for as long as possible.

In the words of Johnny Mercer: "Not a lot to write/Not a lot to say/Same things happen every day"........so I'll close. For all you uninitiated out there, those are the first few lines to the great song he wrote with Gordon Jenkins, "P.S., I Love You".

No comments:

Post a Comment