Thursday, May 6, 2010

It's That Time of Year Again

After a 9-month hiatus (no, I didn't have a baby) I am taking pen in hand--or should I say, fingers to the keyboard?--and writing on the blog again. Don't know who will see this but I do want to make everyone aware that the incredible annual BEAVER QUEEN PAGEANT is taking place again in lovely Duke Park, Durham, NC, and--

*I*
*ME*
*MOI*
*YOURS TRULY*

will be one of the judges this year! I am humbled by this honor. In the true spirit of the Pageant, and in keeping with its motto of "Peace, Love, Beaver", I would like to invite everyone to help sponsor my judicial seat! Just go to:


scroll down to the "judges" section, and click on the tab for Beaver Streisand. (She's my--are you ready?--"beavatar"!) You can read about the contestants and use your credit card to buy my influence for your favored candidate. All money raised goes to the Ellerbe Creek Watershed Association, to assist in their goal of protecting Durham's natural creek and its surrounding area. Read about their good work at www.ellerbecreek.org, and remember: all contributions are tax deductible!

Here is a song I've been rehearsing for the pageant. Remember the tune "Memories" from the musical "Cats"? It was one of my biggest hits. For this very special event, I've rewritten the words:

Beavers! Looking out at the sunset!
All surveying the forest
Seeking trees fresh and sweet
As their fur drips
Their teeth are making chattering sounds
And their dam is all complete!

If you want to hear more, come to Duke Park on Saturday, June 5th, 2010, at 4PM. LIVE THE BEAVER QUEEN EXPERIENCE!

1 comment:

  1. Your fans can view your judge profile at
    http://beaverlodgelocal1504.org/

    Thanks for giving a dam!

    ReplyDelete