Sunday, March 8, 2009

Just stuff....

Of course I have singing on my mind. When do I not? Yesterday I went to the station of WCOM in Carrboro and was a guest DJ on the "Tom Arnel Show". I talked a bit about myself & my singing, and played tracks by Ella, Jo Stafford, Rosemary Clooney, Fred Astaire, Frank Sinatra, Nancy LaMott, and ME! ("I Happen To Like New York"). It was great fun and one of the other regular DJs, a guy named Rocco, asked me to be a guest on HIS show, too. It may turn into something semi-regular, who knows? Anyway, they all said I sounded good on the radio, which was nice.

I'm working hard on my upcoming performances, which will feature music by "W" composers such as Warren, Weill, Wilder, Waits, etc. I'm so enjoying going through the Kurt Weill stuff, he worked with so many lyricists, and the music is just gorgeous. I think I was born to sing "I'm A Stranger Here Myself"!

Kinda late, that's all for now. More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment