Tuesday, September 18, 2012

September 18, 1981

It's my anniversary today: thirty-one years married!  Just an unbelievable number.  Not in terms of events, not in terms of experiences, not in terms of the ups and downs of life.  But where did the time go?  In some ways it feels like seven lifetimes ago that I was taking a long, hot bath in my parent's house, hoping the rain would stop before the ceremony at 5PM (it did).  Certainly I'm a far different person now than I was then.  But in some ways it feels like last week that Arturo and I started down the road of our lives together.  It's been full of bumps and detours, that's for sure.  But we're still here, a duo, holding hands, dealing with problems, laughing, sharing music and wine and movies and wonderful conversation and dear friends.  I'm humble, immensely grateful, and very, very happy today..........and I'm still hoping the rain will stop by the time we go out to dinner tonight.  Somehow, I think it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment